The Beginners Guide To Buying Used Guns
When it comes to buying used firearms, there are some things you should know. What is the condition of the gun that I’m about to buy? Does it fire properly and should I be concerned for my safety? What if I take it home and it immediately doesn’t work? If any of these questions resonate with you, we’re here to help alleviate the worries.
Making a successful purchase boils down to some basic knowledge about used firearms. Being aware of what to look for at used gun shops can make a world of difference (and save you lots of money in the long run) when it comes to purchasing a new-to-you, used gun.
At Morr Range, we offer a 12-Point Inspection that alleviates every worry and concern used gun buyers may have before making a purchase. By looking for similar guarantees and inspections where you shop, you can ensure the used gun is of good quality, safe to use, and a perfect fit for you.
Our Morr team examines every used gun with precision and attention. Thanks to our 12-point Inspection process, you can rest assured that every used gun in our facility is safe and operating properly and comes with our certified pre-owned guarantees. If you don’t shop with Morr, these 12 points are ones you can use anywhere you shop.
During our inspection, we pay close attention to the make, model, and caliber of firearms in addition to the overall condition, authenticity, and mechanical status. We thoroughly examine:
- Excessive Use – We examine the firearm for excessive use, stress cracks, dirt and more.
- General Wear and Tear – We examine the mechanics of the firearm for general wear and tear, and worn-down parts, as these are generally an indication that internal damage may be present.
- Rust and Corrosion – We examine the entire firearm for any signs of rust and corrosion.
- The Muzzle – We examine the muzzle of the firearm to assure it can be properly fired. We even take every used firearm out to our range and test it before selling it to a customer.
- The Barrel – We break down each firearm and examine the barrel to look for damage.
- Safe Handling – We inspect every firearm for signs of misuse or indications that the firearm may not be safe to operate.
- Mechanical Operation – We examine the action, trigger, firing pin, and any other mechanical parts of the firearm.
- Hardware – We examine the hardware on your firearm to assure everything is properly attached and useable.
- Accessories – Any accessories, including optics, sights, holsters, grips, and magazines that come with the firearm are also inspected thoroughly.
- Accuracy – We test sights and other components of the firearm for accuracy and safe use.
- Clean and Lube – Our team cleans and lubricates all certified pre-owned firearms to provide you with the best condition possible.
- Test Fire – Each firearm is fired on the range to test for operations, performance, and accuracy